Easy & Healthy Homemade Dog Treats Recipe
November 21, 2016
- 2 cups Gold Medal Whole Wheat Flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon Arm & Hammer Baking Powder
- 1 cup sunflower butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat, unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together whole wheat flour and baking powder until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together sunflower butter, coconut milk and molasses. Stir in the flour mixture until thoroughly combined into a dough. well blended.
- Turn out dog treat dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Coat your rolling pin with whole wheat flour and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut rolled dough with dog boned shaped cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-20 minutes until lightly brown. (Check treats after 10 minutes and 15 minutes to make sure they don’t get over cooked. Cooking time will depend on size and thickness of your dog treat.)
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Then place dog treats to cool on wire racks.
- Store your homemade dog treats in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator or freezer. If frozen, allow the treat to thaw for 10 – 20 minutes prior to serving to your dog. Treats can last for up to 2 months in the refrigerator and 6 months in the freezer.