- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes; set aside, reserving excess fat.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, eggs and bacon fat on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add old fashioned oats and 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky. Add bacon, beating just until incorporated.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.*
- Let cool completely.